It has been proven by countless businesses that a fleet tracking system properly used can save a company many thousands of dollars and usually pays for itself in savings and increased efficiency within a short time of implementation.
The two major benefits of a fleet tracking system are increased profitability for the business and increased efficiency from employees. GPS Fleet Tracking provides a significant competitive edge for those businesses that use it over those that do not.
A GPS Fleet Tracking System is comprised of three elements: A) a compact tracking component installed in a fleet vehicle, B) one or more secured servers (located in one or more vendor locations) linking the fleet vehicle, business office and satellite and, C) the corresponding GPS software to interpret and access the data provided for the business manager/owner.
The tracking component transmits real-time information from the fleet vehicle to GPS satellites and then to the vendor’s servers through another communications satellite or a cellular phone network. The fleet vehicle 먹튀검증 position (and other information such as speed and travel direction) is updated regularly at set intervals. The rate of updated information is controlled according to the owner’s preferences and manufacturer’s settings; this can usually be set at 2 to 18 minutes intervals.
The fleet owner logs onto the tracking server and receives fleet vehicle positions and other pertinent information on a continuously updated graphically detailed map and other graphic or text displays. The vendor’s servers send the tracking information to the fleet owner over the Internet.
Exactly how will GPS Fleet Tracking benefit your business?
1. GPS Fleet Tracking Systems feature an automatic mileage reminder (like those in new high-end cars) that reduces vehicle downtime and increases resale value by notifying the business manager/owner/driver of scheduled and preventative maintenance. Features include notification of times to change oil, tire rotation and other scheduled maintenance items.
2. Some insurance companies offer discounts up to 30% for fleet vehicles monitored by tracking systems.
3. Fleet Tracking Systems can increase safety and reduce vehicle related expenses by alerting the fleet manager to speeding drivers who waste fuel, add unnecessary wear and tear on engines and increase insurance rates.
4. Driver productivity is increased and expenses are lowered by:
- documenting excessive or unauthorized breaks
- logging fleet vehicle after-hours/weekends use
- employee time sheet verification via automated driver activity reports
- more accurate and timely routing/arrival/delivery times for customers
- verification of actual time spent at each location (good for customer disputes as well as employee time-sheet verification)
- instant notification/verification of employee/driver location without need to contact via cell phone
- powerful and user-friendly system for dispatcher to use
- eliminate driver paperwork for logging time
- tracking/recovering of stolen vehicles
Some examples of businesses that use and benefit from GPS tracking:
- Contractors for electrical services, building, HVAC, plumbing, etc.
- Limousine and taxi companies
- Bulk and Route Delivery
- Utility companies
- City, county and state motor pools
- Uniform and Linen Services
- Car Carriers
- Food/Beverage Distributors
- Pest Management Services
- Landscaping/Irrigation contractors
- Cable Company Contractors
- Fuel/Oil Haulers
- Chemical Haulers/Hazmat
- Produce/Perishable Delivery